• Grapes: sangiovese
• Size: 4 hectares
• Training system: spurred cordon and guyot
• Soil: clayey with limestone stripes
• Harvest: second half of September and beginning of October
• Production: 4000kg per hectare
• Vinification: maceration on the skins for 18-20 days; alcoholic fermentation at controlled temperature in 15-25 Hl oak troncoconic tank ; malolactic fermentation and ageing 1.000Lt Oak barrels. 12-20 months of ageing in bottles
Tasting notes Sotirio is our top wine, made from Sangiovese grapes, following the best tradition of production in the Siena terroir. This pure expression of Sangiovese has ruby red colour. Develops many interesting aromas such as violet, sage, bay leafs, mint, tobacco, rhubarb and red berries. On the palate is lingering long, dry, fresh with sweet tannins.