• Grapes: Cabernet Franc
• Size: 3 hectares (about 7 acres)
• Training system: spurred cordon
• Soil: clayey with limestone stripes
• Harvest: first half of October
• Production: 4500kg per hectare
• Vinification: marceration on the skins for 20 days;
alcoholic fermentation at controlled temperature
in 15Hl Oak troncoconic tank; malolactic
fermentation in 225Lt barriques - ageing for 9 to
11 months in 225Lt barriques and 4 to 6 months
in cement tanks. Ageing for 12 months in bottles.
Argirio is of intense ruby-red in color with dark violet reflections. Immediate aromas of chocolate and leather are followed by red fruits in spirit and vetiver. Notes of wild rose, plum marmalade, clove and black pepper follow. On the palate it is warm and softly tannic. It closes with delicious notes of chocolate and spices such marjoram, nettle and pepper.