Chateau des Laurets
The vineyard of Château des Laurets is spread on 90 hectares on two famous neighbouring wine Appellations: Montagne Saint-Emilion and Puisseguin Saint-Emilion. Within this area, the 40 hectares located on Puisseguin are
dedicated to the production of "Château des Laurets”. Entering the estate on the north side, opposite the garden,
offers a beautiful view on the castle built around 1860, whose architectural feature is the existence of a central octagonal tower overlooking the rear.
The vineyards of Chateau des Laurets are planted on south facing slopes and showing in places big rocks of limestone.
This excellent clay and limestone soil gives the Saint-Emilion Merlot its distinctive taste.
Particular attention is given to vineyard management in order to achieve low yield and get quality grapes at optimum ripeness.
The grapes are handpicked (the machine is used as reinforcements when a faster response is required). The entire harvest is hand selected and destemmed before entering the vat. The wooden vats, stainless steel and concrete tanks are fully temperature controlled.
After about one month of maceration in tank, the wine is then carefully aged in French oak barrels during 16 months.
Baron Benjamin de Rothschild has acquired this superb property in 2003, aiming at developing the Estate’s great potential. A large renovation work of the cellar was undertaken in spring 2004 to offer modern and efficient facilities.
- Appellation : Puisseguin Saint-Emilion
- Vineyard area : 40 ha
- Soil type : Limestone and clay
- Blend : 80% Merlot, 20% Cabernet Franc
- Plantation density: 5500 vines/ha
- Vineyard age : 25 years
- Soil management : Natural grass cover
- Vineyard pruning : Double Guyot
- Harvest : Handpicked from October 8th.
- Winemaking : Cold maceration, winemaking in wooden vats and stainless
- steel tanks. Automatic temperature control system. Micro oxygenation in tank. Malo-lactic fermentation in new French oak barrels.
- Ageing : 30% in new barrels, 30% in second fill barrels, rest in tanks
- Duration : 16 months
- Production : 160 000 bottles
There are no products in this section