Chateau Le Pin
This tiny estate was acquired by the Thienpont family in 1924, who are also the owners of Vieux-Chateau-Certan. The vineyard has the highest elevation of any vineyard in Pomerol. The grapes are normally harvested later than Petrus. What makes this wine unusual is that the primary or alcoholic fermentation of the wine occurs in new oak casks. This is only possible with a small production of wine that can be constantly monitored.
- Second label: none
- Area under vines: 1.2ha.
- Av. prod.: 500 cases
- Grape varieties: 100% Merlot
- Distr. of vines.: One block
- Soil: Iron-enriched, gravelly soil.
- Vines per ha.: 5,800
- Av. age of vines: 25 years
- Added yeasts: None
- Length of maceration: 21 days
- Type of vat: Stainless steel.
- Age of casks: 100% new
- Time in Barrels : 18-22 months
- Filtration: before bottling
- Bottled at the chateau: 100%
- STORAGE: 4-12 Years.
- SERVICE TEMPERATURE: 17 C
- FOOD/CONSUMPTION: Is particularly good with grilled beef or filet steak with foie gras in truffle sauce. Also is good with stuffed veal, or chicken and turkey cooked in red wine. Best with soft cheeses in a wax crust.
There are no products in this section