Thank you for considering your order for old vintage / custom import this time.
Please read through the following contents once before purchase.
If you have any questions, please contact the address below.
1. Any cancellation of order is not accepted.
2. Pieroth Japan K.K. strives to deliver wines in best condition possible, but there is a possibility that following things happen. Please note that the followings are not guaranteed;
Wine or spirits is (very) old.
Wine is never been tasted for a long time.
Wine is fading.
In general, it is said that "the wine with poor quality, grade and vintage has a high risk of fading."
3. Wine may be affected by aging as below.
Fading or discoloration (red wine gets thin, white wine darkens or approaches golden color).
Please be aware that all wines will change color over time, especially wines made of Merlot and Pinot Noir will be affected in this regard.
4. Wine may be cloudy. Much lees has be seen especially in aging wines. In this case, please do as follows;
Leave the bottle up for 2-3 days before serving.
5. The moment of opening, unpleasant smell may be emitted.
Generally, wines (which is after many years since being stoppered) are necessary to be touched by the air.
6. Low liquid-level
The more a wine gets age the lower the liquid level.
The lower the liquid level, the more respiration of the wine.
7. About the point that the wine is thin (little or no fruity flavour).
All wines lose their fruity taste after the years.
Only wines with outstanding quality can maintain a good balance.
8. Appearance of bottle may not be best state. As a general rule, the older wine ages, the more appearance of the bottle degrade;
Cork may become brittle due to aging, mold may occur on the upper surface of cork.
Label may be torn, brittle or faded the printing.
Cap may be damaged or scratched.
9. We recommend that wines are kept in the following condition after arrival of wines:
Temperature 12-15 ℃
Humidity 65-70 %